The pulse of all our lives… Irvine Welsh
UK Song of the Year Award winner (Americana Music Association UK Awards 2019)
One of Scotland’s best… “Whispering” Bob Harris (BBC)
For God’s sake buy this album…! Russell Brand
Scotland’s most engaging and haunting singer-songwriter Irvine Welsh
- NEW RELEASE – FRI 5th MARCH: The Desert Trilogy EPs Vol 1 (The Burning Heart) is released worldwide on all digital platforms, and as a very limited edition CD on Bandcamp. Recorded during 2020, with musicians from Calexico, partly at WaveLab Studios (Tucson) and partly long distance in lockdown. Featuring single New Mexico and whistling instrumental, Here Comes Paul Newman. Songs and stories of love and lust, sinners and saints, the displaced, the wanderers and the border ghosts. The EPs are a prelude to upcoming album, Sinner’s Shrine.
- 22 – 25 FEB 2021 – FOLK UNLOCKED: Dean will be appearing at Folk Unlocked (the online Folk Alliance International) as part of Showcase Scotland Expo, with 2 “Unlocked” showcases in addition to a Spotlight Showcase (on 24th Feb).
- FEB 2021 – NEW VIDEO released for New Mexico – the first single from upcoming release, The Desert Trilogy (and album Sinner’s Shrine). Recorded at Wavelab Studio, Tucson (USA) with musicians from Calexico. Available to buy from all digital platforms from 5 Feb 2021.
- SUN 31 JAN, 8pm; “Live” at Celtic Connections 2021. Dean Owens with Calexico’s Joey Burns and Martin Wenk, and Kevin McGuire, with the premiere of Sinner’s Shrine.
- OCT 2020: NEW VIDEO for A Song For The Dark Times, premiered on Americana UK, who say “simply beautiful… just what we need to listen to right now“. Other comments about the song include: “very special” – Ralph McLean (BBC Radio Ulster); “like a flower through the pavement” – Paul Sexton (BBC)
Listen to Dean on Spotify